There is truly no place like home but you still have to make sure that it is safe for a senior. As we grow older, we slowly lose our balance, our eyesight won’t be as perfect, and our body becomes fragile. For this reason, seniors are prone to injuries.
One of the most common causes of hospitalization in seniors is due to accidents such as falling. Making sure that your senior loved ones’ home is a safe haven for them is part of their personal care. You have to check every area of the house in order to prevent accidents from happening.
As one of the leading providers of health care in Duluth, Georgia, we take your safety seriously. So, we created this shortlist of safety home tips to help guide you in creating the perfect home for your senior loved ones.
- Remove any hazards you can see on the floor such as cables and wires because seniors might trip on them.
- Use non-slip floor rugs or rugs with a rubber grip so they won’t slip.
- Install some railings or grab bars inside the bathroom for support.
- Ensure that every area of the house is well-lit so they can see well.
- All the necessities should be placed in lower shelves so they won’t have to reach high or use a chair.
We, at Silver Linings Home Care LLC, aim to be the best provider of home care services in Atlanta, Georgia. We can help you achieve a safe home and more.
We offer nothing but skilled nursing care in Forsyth. So, if you are around the area and need assistance, do not hesitate to give us a call at 678-468-2580. Our friendly staff would love to talk to you.